sábado, 28 de março de 2009

Shatter

Empathy: the ability to sense and understand someone else's feelings as if they were one's own.
Apathy: lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.
Looks like we have a shitload of troubles around here.
I saw a man have his ankles smashed by a sledgehammer. He cried in pain while his torturer believed he was doing it for greater good, since then he wouldn't be able to escape. Indeed, it was just a movie. But my friends felt his pain, while his bones were shattered and his feet twisted. I felt... nothing. I understand it was painful, but it didn't seem to have any effect on me. There was no agony, no awry feeling. Perhaps this is an isolated case, maybe I'm not in the mood for empathy today. Well, there's a million possibilities.
Yet I felt so weird the day my aunt came to me crying during dawn, for her newly born son only cried and cried and she didn't know what to do. I stood there by her side, though I couldn't find words to say, as I wanted to say something. It's good to comfort and console people. Very good actually. Sometimes I feel like I need people's sorrow. I like to help in these cases.
Even though it may end in ways we couldn't possibly expect.
It's hard to behave when you don't know how you should behave. All I have in mind is that I don't want to be a pain for her. Guess I'll talk to her about this soon.
Asking for pardon in advance.

Nenhum comentário: