terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2015

The Game of Scars

Can you tell me what are you feeling now?
I can't...
Why not?
I'm not sure I... know...
But are you feeling something?
I think so...
Can you tell me what do you see in your head?
In my head?
Yes...
I...
Don't worry. You don't need to pass through so much pressure. Just try to relax, and if anything passes through your head, tell me.
I don't know.
What do you see?
Things that never existed. Things that should perhaps not exist.
What kind of things?
Things we see on the television. Things we see on the movies.
What kind of things?
The scenes pass so fast. But I see they're friends.
Friends?
Friends... and they are having fun.
Good. What are they doing?
It is fun... they are laughing... they seem to be having a good time...
That's very good. Do you recognize any of them?
I don't know... who they are... but they are happy...
Perhaps some actor, from some sort of mov...?
I want their happiness.
What?
I want to laugh too.
Calm down...
I want their souls, make them miserable.
You can open your eyes now.
MAKE THEM PAY.
...
I'LL KILL THEM ALL!

That's not you!
...
Stop this! This is stupid! Come back.
Kill them...
Don't! Come back. Open your eyes!
...
Open your damn eyes!
I don't...
PLEASE!
Kill...
Don't do this, please. I don't care about what were you feeling... please, just come back to me... forget all that, we can...
Miserable...
We can come back to what it was before. It doesn't matter. Please...
...
...
...
Are you... even... listening?
I...
...
Feel... tired...
...Tired?
Uh-huh...
Can you hear... me?
Uh-huh...
That's enough.
I'm not sure I want to... understand what's going on inside...
That's okay... it really is! You can just stay like that, and we'll find other ways of going through. We'll never do that again, ok?
Ok.
That's okay for now...
Do you want to...
Huh?
...Sleep?
Sleep?
Yes... we could sleep for a while, I feel like my head weighs a ton.
...
...
Sure.


It is as simple as it looks. The participants stay back to back, hands tied to each other's hands. The rule of the game is winning. At all costs. Your hands are tied in order for you to focus on the game. The objective is to scar your opponent as much as you can, round after round. Each round is composed by one attack and one counterattack.
To attack you just have to use your time to remember something horrible about the person close to you, and shoot it. Make it feel miserable. Open these wounds.
The counterattack is simple, you have to use the moment, the event, or whatever was shot at you, in your point of view. Turn that thing as something that can damage who attacked you. Then, on the next round, the roles change, and we go on like this until someone quits, thus being the loser.
You can't quit, and we'll assure your body will be enough so as to disable furious movements that can damage your opponent physically. Use only words.
In case of losing two rounds consecutively, being it during attack or counter, due to tears, physical illness, mental unstability, or anything else that can happen to those who can't handle the game, you are automatically defeated. So get ready to shoot even under extreme psychological pain. You have to shoot, even if it does minor scars. Someone has to feel something during every move. Bring these words out.
So, are you ready for the game?


And he made it round 168. No one really understands why, but that game was the show of the century. Round after round, she fired at him, at the beginning fiercely. He also shot some horrible moments back. But something happened.
Right after the fifth round, it was almost as if she was playing alone. She shot him. And he shot himself. Instead of using the things she brought up to the table, using his point of view against her, he scarred himself with those moments. It took a few rounds for it to surprise her. Yet during his attacks, he mostly brought minor moments that perhaps could scar both of them.
The game could not be stopped, for you only lose a round if you don't scar someone, so scarring yourself is valid. It's just not very wise if you want to win, or at least preserve some of your mental health. Though, some might say that playing the game already shows that mental health has long gone.
He just delayed his defeat, ran out of arguments it seems.
Yet, recordings show a strange shine in his eyes everytime she spoke, somewhat after the 120th round. Has he gone insane? Was he going delusional just by hearing her voice? Was he... happy?
During round 159th, she lost her timing on counterattack. Perhaps what had he shot hurt them both so badly, she didn't react. Her attack came fragile after that, but had its moments. Yet these last few rounds, he probably lost the grip of reality, doing weak moves and holding a smile on his face.
Some may say he was genuinely happy.
What could have been?
Joyful? Downright crazy?

Nenhum comentário: