terça-feira, 26 de julho de 2011

This is we

Looks like we're heading to victory this time sir!
Be wary of such thoughts soldier, you must not let thy enthusiasm fool you. Once blind, it's a thousand times easier to get caught off guard. And still, we have a lot ahead. This war be a long road...
...
What is it that bothers thee?
Can't you... just... relax?
Once relaxed, dead. That's what the world taught me in my lifetime, and that's what I hope to make you understand.
B...
Still... it's a great party out there, what are you doing inside here?
Well sir, I thought...
...I would like to join you?
Well, kinda. It's your victory also.
Oh, I'd rather not let myself face such bliss. Can take the focus of what really is important.
...
I'll tell you a secret, if that reverts this sad face of yours.
What?
I am happy too. But I'm going to celebrate it differently. Because I can't allow me to join you soldiers like this, I've already told you and I ain't changing it, but...
So how are you going to celebrate?
...Calm down, I was getting to it. I'll go and sleep.
Sleeping...?!
My dear, you could not count how many nights I've lost, even if you wanted to. I was worried about you, I had to plan everything, even though we promised to fight to the very last breath, I did not quite get used to the idea of having one of my soldiers dying. But now, I can sleep. For I know you'll be fine. And you deserve to be there, not here, talking to this old soul.
I am, lacking words, sir.
When those times come by, just say what you feel that has to be spoken, or remain silent. Deep inside we all know what has to be said.
Good night, sir!
That's a good start, good party, soldier.


I am astounded. I did not believe that it would actually happen.
Didn't happen before, and I assure you that I've tried. I'm not ashamed to say that I was sure nothing would be done, just as ever. I was sure that you would act as predicted. I've foreseen that you couldn't beat the odds.
I'm not allowing myself to get as happy as I can with such a surprise. But I'd rather let the information see the light of day, somehow. Gotta give 'em credit where it's due, right?
Beating the odds doesn't mean simply doing what you were asked. I could see you doing it, actually, as others before you have already done. It's not hard to do so, the real deal is to put your efforts into it. Saying kind words is easy, making your actions live up to such words, is the real deal. Writing, is easy, writing something that makes me feel there's a soul inside, is the real deal.
I should congratulate thee. But that would be just too common. I'd rather grant you a wish. As long as it's something I can achieve.
Make a wish.

Nenhum comentário: