sábado, 13 de março de 2010

Prevention

I always wondered... why, between all the places this world can give you, you decided to stay here? The land where there's no stars but it is always night...
Because it's safer.
But... there's no being in this world that can do any harm to you, you're the one carrying powers beyond recognition, you're the one that set this world free from the bizarre breed. I don't get what could risk your safety...
Even the strongest shall fear something, my child.
What do you fear? You can destroy cities within seconds!
For you all, who are young, destroying anything is the source of power, the way to be someone and get a place at the world. It takes time to understand that destruction isn't everything, it isn't perfect. But only time can teach you that.
But, you can be the wealthiest, the most important person.
But, can I be the happiest?
Of course! Everyone will adore you and respect you, and you'll be rich.
You've got lots to learn, young one.
Then teach me!
I'm not the one for this job. I'm just a coward that suddenly found impressive amounts of power, nothing more.
You can't be a coward, what could you fear?
There are scars that can't stop bleeding. Scars that teach you to fear, through surges of pain. Not all in this world can be done with destruction. And if you get to learn that with the one you promised to protect, then perhaps we can talk.
So, you killed a woman?
No, I've killed myself in her eyes. I've proven that the strongest being on this planet isn't worthy of her company, that too much power can perhaps destroy the most precious things we have, and that being too destructive probably means you are not good enough.
So you are staying here because she hates you now?
I'm staying here because by being here I can't fail to those I promise to protect, because I can't promise anything. It's curious that the most powerful being in this world, can't see another tear from those he love, ain't it?

Nenhum comentário: