quinta-feira, 11 de março de 2010

Light and Darkness, part 2

I could say that there was light once. That wouldn't be a lie, in part. There always was, and there is now, aside from this shining one that watches us as we watch it. I just preferred not to see it, I was already told that I try to make things too complicated, too dramatic. Then, that's it, I ignored the dimming light that was still holding it's last stand.
To ignore. That's the point.
One of the main controllers for the eternal night was the lack of touch with some of the my human needs. It's no closed secret for those that got around for some time already, that I despise the human nature. I dislike this dependancy, this weakness. Yet I search it.
For a long time these beings that live blinded by the night have been seeking for something that could understand them, something that felt their pain, not something that could treat them as martyrs, they don't suffer that much, they don't have that much to tell, they just look for something that can be equal to them, yet being different. By intensifying the darkness and ignoring what they felt, the powers that be took these beings into a hole where they can't get out, because they actually don't want to. There's nothing out there for them, it's wrong... but they are so sure of it.
There are so many strange things going on inside... but I need those that can understand this to think further. It's not just suffering what they've met, we are no victims, at least not full time victims. You've been dragged so far, now it is time to walk with your feet.
The lack of touch wasn't purely internal, it isn't in fact. Though not as much as Mr. Morgan, though those are fantasized happenings, there is a bizarre lack of connection with those outside the darkness. It can be a lack of interest, or simply the unability to understand the outer ones. Not only understanding, but interacting. There simply doesn't happen to be a necessity of interacting the way the outer ones interact, at many times we happen to be just shallow carapaces, watching existance.
Is that an advantage? Is it good to be this different? I can think all day and all night and there won't be an answer. I can't believe this light will teach these beings to behave like those out of these lands. In the end this light is just an spectator.
And I can't get out of here. I don't want to. I'm afraid.
And even by being what they say it's dark and evil, I carry what they say it's pretty and innocent. And these are not masks... and I hate it.
In the end perhaps there is no mask, there's just a hollow being that is too much and nothing at the same time. And perhaps you should stop walking toward the truth.

Nenhum comentário: