quarta-feira, 21 de julho de 2010

Under a sliced moon

So, what now?
Ah... just can't sleep.
Just like the good old times huh?
I wish so.
Hm... wanna play a game?
Sure, what game?
Well, I'm quite positive about you not thinking how beautiful this sliced moon is. Then, a dime for your thoughts?
Wow, that's quite cheap...
Haha, just an expression.
Yeah, I know you wouldn't give me anything for it anyway.
But, you accepted to play the game.
True, true.
So, albeit having such a big and pretty sliced moon shining in the sky, there's something wrong. What is it?
It's not wrong. It's just, sometimes, you get hunted down by the past...
I see, but don't you think it has been tracking you down quite fiercely?
Perhaps.
And what part of the yesterday terrorizes you?
It's not that I'm terrified of it, I guess terrorize is somewhat of an exaggeration...
Don't play fool.
Heh, ok. Why do people like me exist?
What...?!
Ah...
Well, that was quite random, I guess. But, why did you ask that?
Just wondering. Other people seem to be so much in touch with existance as it is, reality, you know? And for me... it's never enough. I miss things that never existed, and probably never will. So I can never be satisfied, what's the point of it then?
I don't know, guess you'll have to find it someday.
What if I don't find it?
Then maybe you didn't hunt it enough.
Ah... if I go out with my friends then I get sad as soon as it ends, and then I get to the thought that it wasn't the way it should be, because nothing is this weird way, there isn't this magic in reality. Then, I think about my dreams, where it's always dark, and it feels better, because having it that way feels like something different and great can happen. And... this sucks, because I can't explain...
Indeed...
Shit.
That's an incredible combination, ain't it?
Huh?
That strange feeling of never having reality providing something that feels sufficient, combined with your problem with extremes...
Don't tell me about it...
Well, at least we can still stare at our half moon, right?
Yeah, just look at it... do you believe in shooting stars?
You mean... the wish thing?
Yeah. I've never seen one.
Neither have I, but it just doesn't make sense to make a wish in case you see one.
Well, you never know right?
Ah, my boy, that's a question I'd rather not answer for you.
Aw, c'mon, why not?
Some things are better left this way. I'm going now, gotta sleep. Try not to pass the whole night awake, 'kay?
Aye, sir.


It's not a total loss, there's still this childish innocence to avoid the no holds barred situation that lives inside him.
That's a good sign, ain't it?
You bet.
So, you're really going to sleep now?
Not really, not sleepy at the time. What scares me is the thought that everytime he closes his eyes he remembers more and more. Perhaps we're walking toward the point in which his nightmarish dreams look better than reality.
What's the problem? It's just dreams...
The problem is that we don't know... anything.
So, he decides dreaming is better than being awake...
And then who knows what comes next?
Are dreams that good?
It depends, is reality that good for you?
Well, it is... normal, I guess. I've just gotta do my part and things will work out and, well, that's life.
You don't dream much, do you?
Just like normal people.
Last time you remember you dreamed?
Ah, it was, yesterday I guess, a very... well, very normal dream.
I see... you know that lying just makes things stack against you, right?
Who cares.
Doesn't it feel horrible not being able to understand people?
They weren't made to be understood.
Weren't they?
I think you need to sleep my friend.


Can dreaming be something that harmful? Why do I ask myself...? Too many questions, too many questions...
Few time, fewer people...

Nenhum comentário: