terça-feira, 2 de junho de 2015

Strong to the very end

Perhaps the theory of living until you learn to love is real.
I'm not a very religious person or anything like that. You know I never was. But sometimes it just makes sense. You knew how to love ever since the beginning.
I've never seen a dog learn how to behave inside the house so fast without proper training. You were truly one of a kind. But it was all too soon.
I don't know how to say, I feel devastated as I haven't felt in ages. Yet, I feel strong. Because I've met a dog who fought against all the odds. You made she love you. That was beyond miraculous, I wonder if you ever knew that. Maybe it just didn't matter, some creatures don't need that kind of thing, they just want to live.
And boy, you lived.
I'm happy that I have witnessed your happiness. You were the light that shone the brightest, even if it was for such a short span. But I guess that's how it works. Thank you.
Yes, it is still hurting a lot, and I still don't know how to describe what I feel. But at least this time I'm sure I tried my best. I hope you enjoyed these brief months we've had. You made me feel the truly best owner I could be. I'm sure Bob would like to see it.
Actually, I'm sure you've already met him. You two take care of each other, you were the best dogs this boy could have ever had as company.
It still hurts a lot to think that you won't be here anymore. Call me selfish but it felt so good coming home to see you, all jumpy and full of energy. It is absurd to see that, it is almost as if you were the nicest person on earth. I couldn't feel bad.
I know daddy wasn't the best company you could have asked for lately, daddy has been feeling pretty down, but I tried. Remember when it was just the two of us for many weeks? We made it buddy, we walked at least twice a day. I hope you enjoyed it, I surely did. Even when it was too cold or dark in the morning, the rewards were still far bigger than the duty.
I'll miss running with you. Like when we ran for our lives, boy you were so fast, I'm still impressed. How could such a small creature run so much? How could....
I don't know, how could you be so much?
I hope you didn't suffer so much these last moments. Daddy wanted to be there. Please be sure of that. I would do anything to be there before the surgery. Don't worry, the image that I'll keep with me will be the happiest dog I've ever seen. I hope you forgive daddy for anything bad he did.
As I said to you before, daddy loves you.
And if there was anything I could do for you, I would do it.
I'm still amazed at how you stood strong. They said you had lost so much blood it was barely impossible you could even stand still. Yet you didn't even flinch.
I promise.
I'll show you I have learnt something from all this. Daddy is coming back as strong as you were.


I will carry your smile. And the tears will carry away the pain. And in the end, we'll be even stronger.

Nenhum comentário: