terça-feira, 3 de agosto de 2010

Believe

C'mon boss, we can do this!
I don't even know why did I agree on coming with you...
Because we are still in the game. We are not giving up without one hell of a fight!
Haven't we already had our hellish fights? Isn't it enough? Do you want to repeat the dose?
Those? I ain't talking about those silly battles. Those were too kindergarten-ish, if you know what I mean...
Oh, sure...
...and, c'mon, it looks like you've forgotten who you are.
And who am I?
Oh, don't play fool.
I know who the fuck am I, I just wonder who the fuck do YOU think I am.
You... WONDER?! You can give up on yourself, I'd hate that, but it's your life anyway, but I am not giving up on you still, because I know who you are, even though you seem to deny it. Because I am sure we can win it, we are outnumbered? Indeed. But weren't we outnumbered before? When did we need armies of soldiers to fight for us? NEVER. All we need are our trusted fellows, and they are there fighting for you, because THEY TOO KNOW what are they trying to prove.
And what is it that they are trying to prove?
That we can, no, that we will win this shit. And you feel this too, otherwise you wouldn't be here, why didn't you surrender when you've had the chance?
Who cares...
C'mon! We've defeated the machines before, for years, remember? You proved you could defeat those who didn't need to eat nor sleep... December, remember? If you don't remember your deeds, then it's up to me to carry these memories. Because I've witnessed you shine when all odds were stacked against you, and I've seen you rise when you were supposed to bow down. And I've seen you admit your mistakes like a man and face the consequences of what you've done, and when you helped that girl, just for the sake of helping.
Does that really count?
Why not? I doubt at least HALF of those motherfuckers out there would do the same. And I'm betting my arms on this. Is it really that hard to appreciate the good things you've done? How many times, tell me, just how many times do you need to do good things until you can believe you are worthy of winning? We can only win if you come with us boss, you're the one with the potential to change this scenario. You've beaten that which is not human, damn. I know you can win anything as long as you believe it.
...
Please...
The thing is, that I want to believe, but, maybe I'm not the kind that believes easily.
That's a beginning!


I know, been there, done that, but hey, you're among the living, deal with repeating over and over. After all, the real fun comes from breaking cycles.

Nenhum comentário: