sexta-feira, 16 de novembro de 2007

Hell and Crysis

So, today there's we have the release of the "laughing at your pc" game.
Maybe Crysis is indeed very good. And there is a good probability of being so because Cry Tek has done a wonderful job at Far Cry, and this is the chance for them to really shine. And what a shine... Crysis at the maximum graphical quality is astonishing. But, it won't be so cool for everyone, that's how it works anyway, if you can waste a nice amount of money on your computer, you get more.
My problem with this game began at the time the real super screens appeared, I know it is good to play a beautiful game and all but, some people are looking at Crysis as it was the best game ever just because it simply smashes down your computer... this race for graphical quality is what worries me about the actual days of gaming industry. There are many games out there that are just eye candy, no story, no remarkable soundtrack, bad gameplay.
Well, I will play it in the (remote) future, and then I will see if it really deserves the good score it's getting. Hope I'm wrong.
Now for Hellgate London (special thanks for my best friend ever Juliana).
IT ROCKS! Okay, I normally don't talk like that but sometimes you can't hold it.
I can't understand how there is people saying the stages are totally repetitive, okay, there is indeed repetition at some places, but, come on, Diablo 2 had a lot of repeated locations (Act III, ring any bells?) and it was... well, it was Diablo 2.
The graphics doesn't even compare to the ones of the game I began talking this post, but they are very cool. Although I play in the low graphics for the lack of powerful computer specs. The only disappointment was the background of the Hellrifts, maybe it gets better looking at the high quality.
And about the sound, well I hear it, guess all these people who say they don't hear a damn music are having some bad luck. Ok, there are many moments of silence through the bloodbath, but for me that is not a problem. A Techno-Metal eternal soundtrack would have ruined this part of the game. And the shooting sounds are very good.
The gameplay is awesome too, running around looting items and slaying all that moves is a simple but effective formula.
Yes, there are bugs, like the occasional warp of those jumping beasts, but I haven't faced those memory leaks or deletions some complained.
Maybe my equipments are bad, but I found the Act I boss to be ridiculously hard. Maybe because I didn't run as I should. Hope yes because if you really are supposed to fight it the way I fought I'm really afraid of the final Act. Ah, and the templars seems to be in a real disadvantage in this game, because of the flying monsters and the strategical side of the marksman.
Well, that's my opinion.
Once again special thanks for Juliana (Special Edition, so pretty box)

Um comentário:

Juliana M. disse...

Because I'm your BESTEST FRIEND EVAH.
Ae, queria só comentar uma coisa Gui... fiquei com um xará seu no fim de semana e eu estava em tamanha cachaça que quando ele falou 'meu nome é Guilherme', eu gritei escandalosamente 'MEU BESTES FRIEND EVER Guiga!!' xDDD;
De volta ao assunto do post... isto foi uma review de um jogo!
Quando Crysis sair, eu nem vou comprar pra tu de presente porque senão vou ter que comprar um pc novo e mais potente também né... ai é foda, esses jogos novos que querem fuder economicamente todo mundo.
Por enquanto, divirta-se com Hellgate. ;D