segunda-feira, 31 de julho de 2017

Somewhere you belong

They say it's stupid to write something for people after they're gone. I can see their arguments. It makes sense.
But I can't make sense all the time.
So here's a text for you, and for the whole of Linkin Park, and what it meant to me. You guys were the first band I actually liked to listen to. I had songs I found interesting and stuff like that, but you, you were insanely better than anything I knew. Because I found something in those songs, that had a resonance with me. I could say that it was a resonance with what I felt at the time, I was a teenager, right? But I never made much past that feeling. I'm still hooked at that feeling, maybe that's me, a teenage angst and revolt that makes not much sense, but I appreciate you guys evolved and came up with different styles.
It could be a coincidence, maybe it was just because you guys were the first I found on that style. But I don't believe so, being super picky with what to listen, it's hard to find an album I like more than two songs. But I had albums I could hear thoroughly. And by liking that music, I slowly found my way into discovering music I liked.
I remember clearly how we knew the songs by heart, and how that led me and my friends into trying to form a band. Sure, the bands never lasted much, and the lyrics we came up with made their way into oblivion, but it was fun. It was, those moments you just can't afford to let go.
It's funny how it seems distant and close at the same time.

And I remember how pretty much everyone I knew that shared my appreciation for the band, liked Chester. Chester, you are something. I, obviously, never got to know you, I could only see interviews or watch recorded shows (but I got to see you guys live in Brasília, 2014). But you had something different. I don't know how to name it. It was just, magnificent. Not just how you sang, or how you managed to scream, it just felt real.
And so that recently happened. it feels, weird. It's kind of selfish to wish July 20th didn't happen. It just feels, disconnected. However, I really hope you are somewhere better. Religious beliefs aside. I just feel that the man who held a light so thousands of us could find themselves amidst darkness, should have peace. I heard about your demons, and it saddens me that they couldn't be taken away. In an easier way, I mean.
I guess my words are irrelevant now. But I just wanted to leave a record that yours weren't.
And that I can't thank you enough for bringing that resonance.
Thank you so much.
You are the best.

Nenhum comentário: