segunda-feira, 25 de maio de 2015

Para Nanna

You know, we've been running for about 7 years.
It's funny because there are a lot of roads on the map, and some people travel faster. Some slower. Some roads end. Others get somewhere and new roads ensue.
We can see others passing close by, some roads get very narrow and sometimes it's almost as if there's a lot of people running together.
We never really know what happens in their ways, we barely know what lies ahead in ours. Sometimes there's people running for their lives for reasons we may never know. Sometimes they stop. But the road never wait for you to end it. It's like a one in a lifetime chance.
I can see a few runners around me. Can't really define if they are going faster or not, but as long as they are at least walking, it's feasible. Those who are close by. In one way or another, almost all of them make this race easier.
But my eyes now turn to a road that seems a bit rocky and not very consistent. I'm not sure if it is just my eyes that aren't getting the whole picture. You were always moving quite steady, at least the times our roads approached. I don't really know what lies around you, if there's something following you or if the ground became unbearable to step, I just hope you don't stop.
I've heard you say things that got me worried, because it did seem a bit too uncanny for what I've known of you.
Now, we're watching. Don't stop by the road, overcome it.
I won't start on saying what is my current status for this ain't about me, but rather about you, so keep moving. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome race.
It also gives me something to run for. I have to follow this path in order to keep an eye out for those I care.

I'm not making this any longer, I hope the message can be transmitted with these words.
I've seen amazing messages of support. I'm sure you will have some too, if you haven't already.
Here's for a few more years of running these roads.

Um comentário:

YC disse...

I've been thinking about an appropriate reply to this (good adjective - I can't even find one to do it justice) post. I've been typing and backspacing and I really don't know what words to use. I've read and reread it so many times now... this was just so surprising and sweet! I just hope my gratefullness gets through past these silly attempts of sentences. You are so incredibly special to me, you know that?! I know how uneasy you feel with my compliments and emotional references, but.. you are. It's funny how well you know me. And.. You made my day. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last. We still have plenty of years ahead of us and I wish I could be such a great friend as you are to me.
I hope you realize what you mean to me and I hope you are well.
Thanks for everything.