sexta-feira, 10 de setembro de 2010

Someone to turn on the lights

I'm just... just standing here...
I see you sleeping, you look so distant, but that's not the worst. I can handle your distance, as long as you're fine. But you look sad, it's like you're into an endless nightmare, engulfed in an eternal darkness... it can be seen, just by looking at your face for a while. And I've been here for a long while...

Then why don't you just wake me up?

...And I wonder, if maybe that's not just too selfish of me. I'm afraid of what could happen if I woke you up... I'm afraid you'll be angry at me, it's almost like I could hear you screaming at me... and a part of me knows it's not real, because I can only guess how would you react, and guessing does not turn things into reality, but the mere thought of it shatters me...

It's too dark in here.

Some days I get the feeling it's getting easier to deal with it, I can live with this. Only seeing you there, assured you'll never know who I am. Perhaps it's better this way. But it doesn't last much... but, but I can guarantee you that, nothing will happen to you while you sleep, I'll be guarding you for as long as I live...

I'm still sleeping...

...Because, maybe, it was your decision... I'm afraid to bring you back into this world only to discover that you preferred this darkness, maybe reality was worse for you, maybe it brought you more suffering than your sleep. I, I really don't know, and I'm too hurt already to go further and discover the truth... but, if that's the case, then I can understand you, I really can. And, in case someday you wake up, I will do whatever I can to make this world less depressing for you, I can give you a good morning every day you get up and a good night everytime your eyes get to close when the moon is up there shining to us. I will do my best to at least help you pretend this is just another long dream, and that you're not really in the real world. Whatever you need, I'll be there.
I promise.

Just promise to take me outta here.

I'm sorry... but, if you want to come back, please, please, just give a sign, any sign. Anything...

Nenhum comentário: