quinta-feira, 8 de outubro de 2015

Do you remember the stars?

–Hello there.
–...

I walk through the cliff, the lake stays always visible down there. There's the hanging tree. The collector hasn't still taken the bodies. Dozens of bodies hanging on those heavy branches. A tree that looks dead but has never ever shown any sign of weakness. It's alive, holding death.
The bodies float through the lake, only visible if one pays enough attention. It scares to realize there's hundreds of bodies down there, a death without air, just water inside your lungs. The place is silent.
Some bodies lie mangled down the cliff, the final jump once can undertake. The leg bones rising through every other bone inside their bodies.
This place looks gruesome after the happenings. But it is a very beautiful and calm place. Perhaps that's why they chose here.
I watch the few ones that walk around, choosing their destinies. Choosing how to go away. Deciding whether that is the only option. I cannot judge them. Live your lives. For as long as that takes.
I like it here sometimes.
I feel someone coming closer. But I don't bother looking who is it. Even because I know who is it.

–What are you doing here?
–Just looking around.
–Here?
–Why not?
–Just look around. It's blatantly obvious why not.
–I feel like staying here for now.
–All these people feel the same way...
–Listen, I know it's not my time, and I don't feel like these people. I don't exactly know how do I feel. I just want to stay here.
–That's good to hear. I can see in you the same aura I see in the boys and girls that come here daily. But your eyes are different.
–That's irrelevant. You see, I avoided sadness and explicit melancholy for a long time. I just want to... "enjoy" that moment. No motivational messages, no rise and shine, no resilience. Just, take what has been given. And let time do its trick.
–Thought you were taking it fine that way.
–Thought that too. As it can be seen, didn't work so well.
–Well, enjoy the moment. If what you want is to find the melancholy that lies outside and see some kind of resonance with you, my best guess is that this is the place.

He gets up, using hands and legs.

–If there is anything I can help, you know where to look for. I gotta get the work done, look for the place with the highest body count.
–Dully noted.

This is not a place you fight back. Not somewhere you can end up by accident. There's no way in that is not by choice. And there's nothing inside for you, nothing you have to strive for.
I am aware this is not my place. But it seems right to spend some time in here.
Sometimes I will feel like I really wanted company. To just lie on the grass and watch the stars. This place is beautiful, but you can't drag people inside. That would be dishonest.
Some come, few go.

If I stare at the stars long enough, will my eyes shine too?
I feel sad.
This is sad.
And that's all there is for now.
No anger, no revenge, no fighting back.
Just me and this vast space that screams silence at the top of its lungs.
It feels good.

Nenhum comentário: